This journal may contain content only suitable for adults.
Plus Account, Created on 30 July 2008 (#16213049), Last updated on 17 May 2013 [Gift]
This is a community created for all players who like to play with Maxis pre-made hoods, sims and families. The community welcomes anyone slightly interested on Maxis pre-made sims and hoods to join or watch.
Posting is not moderated, but only related entries will be allowed. I trust the members to maintain the community with a maxis taste, but I keep the right to warn and, if necessary, ban abusive members. Comments are open for everyone with an LJ account, and light off topic comments are allowed, as long as it stays friendly and no one abuses, but all off-topic entries will be deleted.
NOTE: Even though in general terms the community focuses the most in Sims 2, anything about premade sims/hoods in any version of the game is welcomed (even if "Maxis" doesn't exist anymore)
What goes here
- Advertisement of stories and legacies that include pre-made sims and families as part of the storyline. (not all the sims in the story need to be premades, of course)
- Posting and/or advertisement of challenges, personal games, random events, experiments, makeovers, maxis spawns, recreations, funny shots and mainly anything as long as it relates to premade sims/families/hoods. You don't have to keep your sims on their original styles, houses or hoods to comment about your game in here. The fun is on sharing all the different ways to play with the same sims/families.
- All kinds of general questions and/or sharing of information and findings about the related topics.
Keep in mind
This community is intended to share our love for maxis premade sims (the ones that come with the game). It doesn't matter how you play them, or if you follow the given background, or keep their style, or include CAS or recreated sims along, or the kind of CC you normally use, but to belong here it must have something to do with the said sims. If you play on a maxis hood, but completely delete/kill/leave-for-ever-on-bin all the original sims on it, it doesn't belong here.
And please always remember that, while we won't judge for the way you play your game, we, as comm, appreciate if sims are least recognizable, therefore, with little to none plastic surgery used on them.
For community makeover challenges (dares, competitions, etc), however, NO plastic surgery is allowed. (not even if your sim already has surgery done, use one that doesn't) .
About custom content
Maxis Taste appreciate (even encourage) the use of original maxis and maxis-match content, but as said before, its is not a requirement to participate in the community. The only exception would being for specific dares and/or challenges depending on the rules (but default replacement of any kind are always allowed).
Posting and/or advertisement of maxis-match CC ia not allowed in this community (there's other better for that. See link bellow), except for:
- Thematic creations/recolors (as in anything featuring Maxis sims/hoods)
- Residential lots with mainly/mostly maxis content (bin-sims need new houses too!)
- Makeovers of Maxis premade Lots (Residential and community)
- Any other download in topic
Other rules to keep in mind
- There is one big thing called google and enough places around for your WCIFs. Don't expect for anyone to be tracking down CC/mods/hacks/etc links for you, usually artist/creator and item name is more than enough. We all know our way through the internet.
- This is not a ranting or haters community, so please be friendly and respectful towards others.
- Light use of caplocks, italic, underline, netspeak, etc, is allowed as long as not excessive and the posts are understandable (but unless the entries are completely unintelligible, please be kind, and spare the poster the grammar lessons)
- All posts can have one picture (600x450 recommended, 650x600 max.) and some text outside a lj-cut and you can either post directly on the community or link to your journal, but please remember to keep all appropriate warnings visible and clear before the cut when needed.
- Please try to keep the exposed part of the entries short tough, to avoid cluttering everyone's friends page.
- All images and post outside cuts, as well user picts on the community must be work friendly.
- All posts that may contain adult context, teen related hacks, uncensored nudity, and other adult stuff must be posted outside the community and only linked to your personal journal with a clear and visible warning.
- Please don't lock comments in your post. Mods need to be able to contact you easily when needed.
- All members posts must be public unless it is something directed to member-only, in which case, please explain the mods why first.
- Do not post more than once a day, especially if making the same type of post (two makeovers for example). If for any reason you need to advertise to similar post, please use one post with one picture outside the cut or two small ones (only exception) placed side by side to look as one (not bigger than 650 in total). If you have two different posts (like a story update and a dare post) you could eventually post twice that day, but please avoid this as possible.
- Please try to avoid spamming the comm. We don't have a weekly limit of posts per member, and we don't want to set one, but please be reasonable when posting. If you have daily posts to advertise, you can always wait a couple of days and make one entry to share your posts at once, instead of posing continuously every day.
- Always use the appropriate tags when posting. If you're new to post stories here we'll give you a "story by:" tag, but you can start by using the "!tag needed" tag (this is only for story updates!)
- You must use a Livejournal Account to post to the community. (you can link to other journals, blogs, or forums, but need an LJ to post here)
- In doubt, please contact aledstrange before posting.
The Cult of Frances - cultofrances: All Hail The Lord Frances J. Worthington III
Other LJ sim communities of interest:
thesims2 for general Sims 2 information
simply_sims3 for general Sims 3 information
simstorytellers for general sim stories
simstorylibrary listing of sims stories, comics and machinima
pixel_trade for sharing custom sims
maxismatch for maxis match custom content
wella_creations for all sorts of custom content and creations
legacy_writers and legacychallenge for all your legacy needs
wcif_sims for all your WCIF
madeovermaxis for Maxis makeovers
|Disclaimer :This site is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.|
Image on current header credits to madame_ugly. Featuring Dustin Broke.